Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Waiting.... waiting....

Hey Guys

So ...... I am cooling my heels and it sucks. My chemo is due to start on the 20th April. We need to wait until all the surgery stuff heals before we can begin due to the risk of infection. Whilst I am not in a hurry to have the chemo and all the horrible side effects, I kinda want to get this show on the road so I can get on with the rest of my life... so as it stands I am just waiting.

Sadly, I wasn't in a position to get any eggs frozen. Not enough time. But I am confident if kids are in my future, that it will happen. I am leaving it in the lap of the gods and just hope I end up with a wonderful understanding man..... sigh..... do they even exist??

I am filling my days with writing (the book is coming along nicely), reading books and marvelling at the stupidity (and cuteness) of Sam's cat. It's like living with Rain Man. He's my best friend and surrogate boyfriend at the moment.... without the benefits of course..... sickos!!

Sounding like a broken record here, but I am constantly feeling compelled to say thanks to everyone for being so awesome and keeping my spirits up. Every day I am getting letters, cards, emails, facebook pokes and all sorts. It's always a little ray of sunshine when I head down to the letterbox and find things addressed to me that aren't from the hospital, so THANKS SO MUCH!!
Got a joke for y'all....

An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman all walk into a bar. The Englishman turns around and says "what a fucking cliche!" mwhahaaaa mwhwhaaaaa.

Ok pimps and geezers, I am off. Sending my love to you all and thanks heaps for tuning into my blog. I would love some more comments being posted on here so I know I am not just talking to myself in cyber space... because... well.. that would just be lame.

Take care and speak soon.

Love Ems xxxx

4 comments:

  1. Howdy! God god we an't have you talking to yourself, your mad enough as it is! love the bull riding monkey, feck thats awesome! Sorry to hear you didn't have time to harvest some eggs, and its easter and all, what a shame. I'll try send you some chocolate ones but they'll be late and it just ain't the same, I know, I'm sorry!

    Another joke for you....

    “Bless me Father, for I have sinned. I have been with a loose woman.”
    The priest asks, “Is that you, little Tommy Shaughnessy?”
    “Yes, Father, it is.”
    “And, who was the woman you were with?”
    “Sure and I can’t be tellin’ you, Father. I don’t want to ruin her reputation.”
    “Well, Tommy, I’m sure to find out sooner or later, so you may as well tell me now. Was it Brenda O’Malley?”
    “I cannot say.”
    “Was it Patricia Kelly?”
    “I’ll never tell.”
    “Was it Liz Shannon?”
    “I’m sorry, but I can’t name her.”
    “Was it Cathy Morgan?”
    “My lips are sealed.”
    “Was it Fiona McDonald, then?”
    “Please, Father, I cannot tell you.”
    The priest sighs in frustration. “You’re a steadfast lad, Tommy Shaughnessy, and I admire that. But you’ve sinned, and you must atone. You cannot attend church for three months. Be off with you now.”
    Tommy walks back to his pew.
    His friend Sean slides over and whispers, “What’d you get?”
    “Three month’s vacation and five good leads,” says Tommy.

    Hehehe.... Well Wanaka sites are snow covered and its feckin freezing!! Mnt Roy has snow!! Not much but still, Stotty was out doing his frosting the last few nights. And people are back in the winter gear. Brrrr!! The circles around woodys fire has begun, but by weirdo's who thing they are locals.... you gotta hurry on back here to help us sort these idiots out!
    Anywho, gonna go for now, my feet are freezing, easily fixed but I need breakie too :) LOve you sweetie! Take care and I'll catch up sooner next time, sorry I'm bad at regular catch up :(
    LOVE you! Talk soon!
    Ruthie :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooooo!! AAAGGGHHHHH.... Don't you just hate it when someone uses your laptop and doesn't sign out!!!???!? That above is me, Ruth, obviously cause I signed it but still... BESIDE THE POINT!!!! ..sigh.. ok sorry easly fixed.
    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL....love that bull riding monkey! Be thinking of ya on the 20th. Just been by your facebook and yes, your family are great. And of course those wonderful understanding men exist...look at your DAD! Hugzzzzzzzzz Julesxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey darling,
    Good to catch up on your blog.Thats fucked about the eggs though.If i ever have any kids you can be their god mother and raise them for me....please
    Na but i miss my bitch soooo much right now.Fucks me off that the universe has separated us for now.i know you still want to go travelling...but if it doesnt happen for a bit im thinking of heading to auz after here...we will rock it together where ever that we end up.im in banff now and doing it hard trying to get a job along with all the other peeps out there vying for the same postions as me---which at the moment is the good ol supermarket!fuck im gona cry...i didnt come all this way to work in a fucken supermarket!oh ems.


    One day an Englishman, an American, and a Canadian walked into a pub together. The proceeded to each buy a pint of Molson Canadian. Just as they were about to enjoy their beverage three flys landed in each of their pints, and were stuck in the head of the beer.

    The Englishman pushed his beer away from him in disgust.

    The American fished the offending fly out of his beer and continued drinking it as if nothing had happened.

    The Canadian too , picked the fly out of his drink, held it out over the beer and then started yelling "SPIT IT OUT, SPIT IT OUT YOU BASTARD!!!!"

    hope thats funny...skype me tonight as i tried to ring you last night
    Love you xxxx

    ReplyDelete