Thursday, August 20, 2009

I'm still alive...


Hey Guys

I am blogging to you from Balwyn which is somewhere between Box Hill (where I get radiation therapy) and my new home in Ivanhoe. I am sitting here with mum and dad and I got dad to agree to a photo (despite his rotten flu) so everyone say HI to Dad!

Yep, I am officially in my own place and I LOVES IT!! I'm staying in hospital run flats with lots of old ladies who drink tea in the common room, but the peace and quiet absolutely rocks. I awoke to the sound of birds chirping from my balcony and the sun was streaming through the kitchen window and I finally realised I am in Week 4 of radiotherapy. FUCK YEAH!!! Only a couple more weeks to go and I am done.

Had a bit of a drama this week, whilst staying at my cousin's house, their dog decided to break into my room and chew my only pair of very expensive glasses. I was devastated. Anyhoo, I went to the Optometrist and he said he would do a new eye test to check my prescription. Whilst looking into my right eye he said unfortunately my optic nerve was swollen. At worst, that could mean a metasticised brain tumour. I had extensive MRI tests done yesterday and I am thankful to say that after a couple of sleepless nights, I am in the clear. I don't have a brain tumour *Arnold Schwarzenegger voice "It's not a tooomer"*

So feeling on top of the world right now. On the count down to getting home - for me, that's Wanaka. I miss everyone there soooooo much.

Best go, before this coffee rush wears off.

Love you all.
Ems xxx

3 comments:

  1. HIIIIII DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!
    And Hi Miss Em! You sound like you're doing much better, great to hear. When are you back in Wanaka? Was in Woody's this arvo and they said it's been their quietest winter yet (though the rest of town is cranking! I didn't tell him that), so hope you're back soon or you might not have a Woody's to come back to! Kidding, I'm sure they're fine...
    Also, did you know I've left Shooters? I now work for the Wanaka Sun as an Advertising Sales Rep, will you be working at the Messy when you get back?
    Saw Danny the other day, he was asking after you, does he not facebook or blog? useless!Anyhoo, great to see you back on here, you went a bit quiet for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!!!! To you both :)

    Super to see you looking so well!! Wow bit scary with the whole eye thing.. ..sheesh! Can't wait for you to get back, the winter madness has been fun but tiring of the packed shops and pubs these days.
    Everyone says hi and hopes you are getting on ok, like Stotty, Andy&Megan etc.
    We have moved to Hunter cres and have a fab view over towards the lake and Mnt Roy, You gotta come for some wine and cheese on the balcony, when you get back :)
    Anywho.... You take care, enjoy the birdies and the sun! & we'll see you soon, finally!! You're taking ages girl ;)
    Love ya lots xoxxoOXOxoxOXOoxxox
    Ruthie :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great you have your own place now and even better to know you only have a few more weeks to go whooooooooooooo hoooooooooooo!
    Yep Jess has left hooters and Im looking for another job too. Glad to know your doing well and a big shout out HELLOOOOOOOOOO to mum and dad :o)

    ReplyDelete