Saturday, June 6, 2009

I got sick last week. They think it was swine flu, I told them my nose has always looked like that


So people, its Friday night. I have had a shit of a week (can't wait to regale you with it) but what's your excuse for hanging out in my blog on a Friday night? Get your butt off the chair, turn off your computer and get out there!!! For godsakes people, if not for yourselves... DO IT FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T!! Get drunk, get stupid (and most definitely get laid).

Ahhh... all better.. had to let that out. Now on with the irreverent babble that constitutes this fine blog of mine :)

How the hell are ya???

I had chemo again on Monday (yeah yeah Em, we know it "sucked ass" get on with it) ahem - hate it when the voices interrupt me.... where was I?? - oh yeah, I ended up in hospital the next day on a drip severely dehydrated and worse for wear. It would appear my bucket won this round, but hey there's always next time to look forward to. Yep, sad but true, my oncologist confirmed I have to have another round of chemo on 22nd June. Damn! For some reason both Sammy and I had convinced ourselves that this would be the last one before I start radiotherapy. Oh well, send back the clowns, the bouncy castle, the vodka sprinklers and the monkeys on unicycles (at least for now).... but I'm keeping the cabana boys ;)

I managed to get a bit sick last week in Canberra visiting relatives (they think it was swine flu, I told them my nose has always looked like that) so that is possibly what tipped me over the edge this week. I really felt like dying... but hey, you know me, I always stay positive... and the good thing about feeling like you are dying? you can only go UP from there lol.

Exciting news, my ma and pa are coming over to Melbs next weekend. Really looking forward to seeing them. It feels like I have been in a time warp and my head spins to think I have been here since middle of February already. Wow time flies when you're having fun eh!

So what else... I am starting to worry I have spread myself a little thin. With Facebook, Hotmail, the blog, Twitter (shudder), the books, my work with Oceana and eventual world domination, I fear I may have bitten off more than I can chew. I only agreed to do the Twitter thing so I could stalk... ahem... 'follow' Josh Groban... but I am finding it strangely addictive. But did I really need another opportunity to vent witty Emma anecdotes * into cyber space?? Not sure really. I'll keep you posted.

*(N.B "Witty Emma anecdotes" was a term loosely used for comedic purposes only. No assumptions of hilarity or general frivolity on the part of the author should ever be made and no comedians were hurt in the making of this statement)

Speaking of posted, I have been a little remiss with this blog... my baby, but people, people, people.... you have been bad, bad followers also! Where are all your comments? I wasn't kidding when I said I wanted bloodshed, tears and wars on these pages (see first post). Ok, I'm going to count to 10 and when I start.......

1, 2, 3, 4, 5.......

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ems,
    I must have been channeling your thoughts last night, have been nursing a hangover today - all in the name of "those who can't".
    I'd like to hear more about these vodka sprinklers...
    Big Hugs
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh we have a winner! Thanks for posting honey and an even bigger thanks for the hangover you took on the chin for us teetollars.. teetolars... teetola... bugger... sober people. (I don't even know how to spell someone who doesn't drink hah hah!).
    Yeah the vodka sprinklers came to me in a dream one night. We shall make them a reality one day..oh yes... we shall.
    Big love to ya xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy!!
    It may be a friday night, no wait its saturday night.... oops! Ok I didn't go out on friday but I did on saturday! Its 2am and I'm not totally sober, but ssshusshh cause I am up early to cook breakie and fly at lunch time. Everybody is asleep except the cat & dog which want my food.. they ain't getting any! MINE! Bummer that you have another bout of chemo, will that be the last one? So nice to hear your folks are going over too. But getting back to a disappointing bit of info there.... twitter?!?!?!? Really Emma Like France! (I feel I must use your full name when giving out- to get your attention!!)Shame! Even if it is for staking purposes, I feel I just don't know who you are any more.....
    Did you get my letter yet? Probably not cause I sent it late, and the post here seems to be taking a wee bit longer these days, sorry! Ok I gotta go for now cause I need to actually eat my sandwich before the animals do and I need sleep. Hope you're over the swine flu! And feeling a lil'bit better. I type again when I'm in a different state, see what comes out :) So so sorry if this doesn't make much sense but I'm not re-reading it to check :P
    LOVE YA!!!! Love ya lots like jelly tots! Take care sweetie :)
    Love Ruthie :0) xxooxoXOxoxOXoxooxx

    ReplyDelete