Thursday, May 21, 2009

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans" John Lennon

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay in posting. As you may or may not know, I had my second round of Chemo last Monday 11th and I have to report that this time was worse than last time. We think it may be because my reserves were already depleted from the first round, but Round 2 seriously put me on my ass (literally). I've been totally bed ridden for the best part of a week and got well acquainted with my bucket. Again, the chemo brain is the strangest part. Leon came over last week for, what we now call 'Risotto Tuesday' (man that boy can cook!) and as I told him on the phone last night, I really have no recollection of him coming over. Poor guy... I promise your company does not suck Leon!

It's my evil mind ticking over here, but maybe I could use this to my advantage! I could pretty much do whatever I wanted and a couple of days later... poof.. it's gone from my memory... so I am open to your equally evil suggestions. We could get up to some serious mischief!!

So that being said, the next round on June 1st will probably be worse still. BUT the good news is that I am over the halfway mark now. So everyone give me a big FUCK YEAH!!!

I am such a night owl. It's 1.10am and as usual I am wide, wide awake. If only I could get paid surfing You Tube videos, hanging out in cyber space, listening to music and writing macabre short stories.... I would be one rich lady right now, that's for sure!

Have caught up with still more cool friends and more have already booked their tickets to Melbs. I would love to think they are all coming just for me, but it does help that I am based in the arts capital of Australia (not to mention the food, booze, nightlife etc) .... so methinks that may also have a part to play in it ;)

What else... oh yeah, Simon Clark got engaged. Congratulations honey! Let me know some more about your wedding plans and I will do what I can to get on a plane to be there.

Nick and Vick Wilkinson (two of my favourite people in the world) had a gorgeous baby. Brodie is an incredibly lucky boy, he's got two fricken awesome parents. I am so happy for you both!

Also excited that Mum and Dad will be heading over here around mid June. I can't believe I have been here three months already! Hopefully they will be staying for a couple of months, which is going to be awesome.

Man, I love Melbourne, but I seriously miss Wanaka. I google earth it all the time. Miss the mountains, my friends and sitting by the fire at Woodys. Dad's been telling me about all the snow they are getting. Sounds like I am gonna miss a bumper ski season.... argh! Bollocks. Balls. Hmph.

Anyhoo, onwards and upwards. Gonna head off now and polish my very very bald head. Why, you ask?? Just because I can.

Love you all

Ems xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment